Code Resource Toolkit
This Toolkit has been designed to aid compliance with the Medicines Australia Code of Conduct (the Code). The Toolkit provides insight both into the experiences of the Code of Conduct, Appeals and Monitoring Committees and the deliberations of Medicines Australia and its members when developing amendments to the Code of Conduct.
This Toolkit will be continually augmented as issues are raised by members or other interested people. Users may also refer to the Code of Conduct Guidelines for Edition 18 which provides agreed benchmarks for ethical behaviour in the industry.
Medicines Australia is no longer publishing the Code of Conduct in hard copy. To access archived Codes of Conduct, please contact the Code Help Desk.
Tools for returning sales reps to face-to-face interactions
At the outset of industry’s response to the COVID-19 crisis, we reacted quickly to protect the safety of our sales forces by reducing or ceasing face-to-face interactions with healthcare professionals. Your actions have changed the way industry engages positively, and possibly permanently. Healthcare professionals have adopted virtual meetings widely, and we are hearing great feedback that this is appreciated. We know, however, that nothing will replace the face-to-face interaction that our industry provides and will go on providing.
Now that the we are navigating the Road Out, companies are in the planning stages of returning field force personnel to work. Medicines Australia has developed a briefing document as part of the Code of Conduct toolkit that provides a principle-based approach to getting back on the road.
Download the brief on Tools for returning sales reps to face-to-face interactions.
Conducting Virtual Meetings
With technology improving rapidly, and connectivity increasing, many companies are conducting virtual engagements and interactions with healthcare professionals. These activities include video sales calls, remote or tele-detailing, virtual meetings, and online conferences.
The Overarching Principles of Edition 19 of the Code of Conduct apply to educational meetings, regardless of the method of delivery.
Click here to download the brief on Virtual Meetings
NEW: Video – Introduction to the Code of Conduct Edition 19
Other documents available
- Summary of State and Territory Sampling Regulations 177k
- Template: Medical Practice Activity Agreement 18k
- Example: Collection Statement for use in HCP engagements 17k
- Example: HCP Verification Letter 18k
- Example: Wording to be used on reporting websites 17k
- Report Template: Payments and Transfers of Value to HCPs 15k
- Template: Verification form to accompany HCP ToV report 46k
- Report Template: Sponsorship of Third Party Meetings and Symposia 15k
- Template: Verification form to accompany Sponsorship of Third Party Meeting and Symposia Report 46k
- Report Template: Health Consumer Organisation Support 11k
- Example: Completed HCO Support Report 15k